Are you looking for a challenging job in an attractive work environment in the gaming industry? Do you want to use your creativity and artistic talent to create games that will be played by people all over the world? Then contribute to the success story of HandyGames™ and take the opportunity to work for one of Germany’s top game developers and publishers! We are looking for a 3D Lighting Artist (f/m/d) with creative ideas and good knowledge in the field of game development for our headquarters in Giebelstadt.
- Unity 3D
- Placing and adjusting lights for gameplay levels and cutscenes.
- Implementing atmospheric lighting staging using concept art that supports both gameplay and storytelling.
- Adjusting shaders, materials, and textures to improve the lighting of game assets.
- Optimizing lighting using your technical expertise to get the most out of both the look and game performance.
- You are experienced with Unity and/or the Unreal Engine and may have already gained first insights into the Unity High-Definition Render Pipeline
- Experience in 3D programs like Blender, 3ds Max, or similar software is an advantage
- You have excellent knowledge of lightmaps, baked, real-time lighting, and other lighting-specific tools and techniques
- You have the necessary knowledge and a certain feeling for colors, light, mood, and composition
- Ideally, you have theoretical knowledge of applied lighting, camera, dramaturgy, and staging in the film and animation industry.
- You have a strong theoretical understanding of lighting such as color spaces, physical light units, and the interaction of light with different materials.
HandyGames™ offers you
- 40 hours per week thanks to Scrum
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days of paid vacation
- A short and quick decision-making process due to flat hierarchies
- The opportunity to work with a team of experienced professionals
- Modern workplaces with state-of-the-art technology
- Opportunities for further training
- We support our foreign language employees with offered language courses in German
- Amazing colleagues
- In-house gym
- Company apartment on request
- EV charging station
- Free drinks, snacks, and fruit
- ...and much more